Dienstag, 29. April 2014

Vampy Lips - MAC "Sin" Lipstick and some other options

After watching a gorgeous vampy makeup-tut video by MissMaven I did some research about the most popular dark lipsticks and some appropriate makeup-looks...

Look at this gorgeousness!



...beautiful and so classy, I think <3

So after I searched through my lipstick collection I had to realize (to my horror haha) that I actually didn't own a really dark vampy lipstick, just some plums and bolder reds...
Therefore I decided to go for MACs Pro Lipstick in Sin, which is a deep dark red with a hint of berry.

Here it is...
MAC Sin
In the tube it looks darker and more brown, similar to Media (which I don't own anymore), but swatched it is lighter and more red!

MAC Sin swatched
MAC describes it as a "deep dark blue red" with a matte finish, which I can totally agree with! The finish is not as matte as Ruby Woo or the retro-matte formulas, but a true matte with a tiny little hint of sheen. Therefore it's not as drying but you should definitly exfoliate your lips well and apply a layer of balm before.
Deeply Adored (LE) is quite comparable in finish.

The closest colors I own are these:

MAC Deeply Adored - MAC Sin - Tom Ford Moroccan Rouge - YSL Rouge Volupte 12 (left to right)

Tom Ford Moroccan Rouge - YSL Rouge Volupte 12 - MAC Deeply Adored - MAC Sin (left to right)

As you can see Sin is the boldest and vampiest color of these and quite different. Pared with MAC Current lipliner it looks awesome! 
If you're looking for great staple vampy lipstick you could definitly try this one, it's one of the more affordable but good lipsticks! The matte finish will make it look more edgy and misterious.

I'll definitily wear this one this season, even if it's commonly said that these colors are more suitable for autumn/winter :)

So why not rocking this in summer too, what do you think?

Love,


D.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen